LIGHTNING MTS 225 WITH TIG PACKAGE
New! The PowerSET function makes it easy to configure MIG, AC-DC TIG and Stick settings.
– Displays several relevant settings at the same time, allows quick adjustment.
– High voltage ignited AC / DC-TIG, ie a real “all in one” model.
– Digital control improves control and reliability.
– User-friendly panel without complicated hidden menus.
– The synergistic MIG function automatically adjusts the wire speed when the voltage is increased or decreased. This maintains a preset ratio of volts to amperes that can be manually adjusted by the user for best results.
– Bypassing the PowerSET function allows the user to return to manual adjustment of the settings at any time.
– The memory function allows you to easily save and restore favorite settings.
– Reel gun available as an accessory. Ideal for welding aluminum.
– two gas connections: separate inputs for MIG and TIG gases.
– TIG’s AC feature allows the user to weld aluminum.
– Pulse TIG feature increases welding quality.
– Compact and lightweight design.
– The TIG Up and Down ramps allow the user to control the end of the welding cycle.
– 2T / 4T function.
– Adjustable pre- and post-gas for TIG and MIG functions improves welding quality.
USA and Europe packaging is slightly different!!
The European package does not include the throttle and pedal.
€2.476,00 inc. VAT
Warranty: 2 years
- 200A/24V @ 35% Duty Cycle/40º C
TIG Output Amps/Volts @ Rated Duty Cycle: 240V
- 200A/18V @ 60% Duty Cycle/40º C
Stick Amps/Volts @ Rated Duty Cycle: 240V
- 160A/26.4V @ 60% Duty Cycle/ 40º C
Max Inrush ( I1MAX ) Amps: @240V: 26A
Maximum Rated (I1EFF ) Input Amps: @240V: 18A
- MIG: 74V
- TIG: 74V
- Stick: 74V
TIG Output Range :
- This unit is AC and DC capable
- (High Frequency or Lift Start operation)
Variable MIG Inductance/Stick Arc Force Control: Yes
- 5-95% of TIG Amps
- High Frequency Start and Lift TIG start in TIG Mode
- Pulse TIG with AC and DC output for Aluminum, Steel, and Stainless
- Advanced Squarewave, Soft Square and Triangular AC TIG for advanced Aluminum welding capability.
- MIG and Synergic MIG
- Stick Arc force Control
- Stick Hot Start Duration Control
- Stick Hot Start Intensity Control
- E6010 setting
- Power-Set Synergic mode for all processes
Dimensions: 63 cm × 28 cm × 46 cmWeight: 36 kg
Together with its big brother, the Lightning MTS 275, the Lightning MTS 225 is the latest in the MIG / TIG / STICK series of heavy-duty trucks with AC / DC TIG welding capabilities. This new synergistic feature in the new feature series is now called “Power Set” and now includes automatic settings for all three modes. The LIghting MTS 225 is a 200-amp device that excels not only in features but also in performance. The new design allows the user to view all relevant settings at the same time. This reduces scrolling effort and allows almost instantaneous adjustment of almost all available parameters. The new PowerSET feature allows the customer to enter basic operating parameters in MIG, TIG or Stick mode and automatically selects the appropriate amps and volts (if required) for the user, plus some other possible adjustments. This new device also has Flux-Core mode for working with the most common types of Flux Core wires (without gas / self-coating). Of course, you have reduced power, but you will not suffer from the lack of an existing duty cycle. In terms of duty cycle at fully tiltable output power, the TIG and Stick have 60% output and the MIG process has a maximum current of 35%. This means that 200 amps are available for MIG at 35% duty cycle. To complete this welder, add the PowerCart 250 and PowerCool W300 for a comfortable stacked design. If you choose a cooler option, be sure to order a water-cooled flashlight for this welder.
Recommended Areas of Use:
- Portable Repair On Road or Off Road
- Automotive garages/Muffler Shops
- Motor Sports Facilities
- Construction sites
- Factory Maintenance
- Fabrication shops
Minimum generator surge Wattage needed for maximum output on 240V: 8500 W
NOTE: Use only with a generator rated by its manufacturer as “clean power” if using with a generator. Consult manufacturer of generator for certification. Everlast does not approve or endorse generator brands or models, however, if the damage to the welder occuring from use with a generator not labeled as producing clean power by its manufacturer is not warrantable. Typically clean power is represented as less than 5% THD.
Appearance and type of accessories and consumables may vary from what is depicted.
Weld up to a maximum of 3/8″ Steel/Stainless single pass* (240V)
Weld up to a maximum of 5/8″ Steel/Stainless multi-pass (240V)
Weld a minimum of 24 gauge Steel/Stainless ( 240V)
For aluminum, choose between the Parker DSP 360A gun (recommended) or the SM200N MTS gun for best results. You may also purchase a polymer liner and U groove .035″/.045″ 1 pc drive roll kit and use the standard 3 m gun.
Weld up to a maximum of 5/16 Aluminum single pass (240V)
Weld up to a maximum of 3/8″ Aluminum Multi-Pass (240V)
Weld a minimum of 14 gauge Aluminum (240V)
* Single pass welds greater than 1/4″ are not recommended as a sound welding technique.
Weld steel to a maximum of 5/16″ single pass (240V)
Weld steel to a maximum of 1/2-5/8″ multi-pass(240V)
Weld aluminum to a maximum of 1/4″ single pass (240V)
Weld aluminum to a maximum of 3/8″ multi-pass (240V)
Weld to a minimum of .007″ Steel
Weld to a minimum of .020″ Aluminum
Weld with a maximum of 1/8″ diameter electrode (240V)
Weld with a minimum of 1/16″ diameter electrode (240V)
Not E6010 Rated
Maximum electrode size is ultimately determined by brand and type of electrode.